Earn your Master’s in Sport Management online
Build the leadership skills to pursue a fast-paced career in the sports industry with a master’s degree from Colorado State University. Gain in-depth knowledge that you can apply immediately to jobs in recreational, intercollegiate, or professional sports. Through a targeted, interdisciplinary curriculum and direct professional experience, you will prepare for a sports career in areas such as: business development, sales, marketing, communications, event coordination, community outreach, or facilities management.
Whether you’re a recent graduate or already working in the industry, CSU welcomes students from diverse academic and professional backgrounds to apply.
Study in a collaborative online program as you gain professional skills
Like all of CSU’s regionally accredited online graduate programs, this degree will allow you to expand on the knowledge you gained during your undergraduate studies. Explore and discuss a wide range of topics with your instructors and fellow students, including:
- Selfless leadership and inclusive excellence
- Globalization of the sports and athletics industry
- Sports law, governance, policy, and ethics
- Marketing, media relations, and corporate communications
- Risk management
In as little as 18 months, you can develop the research skills, creative problem-solving ability, and strategic thinking required to achieve success in a sports management career.
Why choose an online sports management master’s program?
As a professional degree within CSU’s College of Liberal Arts, this fully online graduate program offers a unique interdisciplinary curriculum. Go beyond foundational topics like management and business fundamentals as you push yourself to explore more challenging areas of study. Students in this program will:
- Dive into the ethics, policies, and laws that shape the modern sports landscape
- Learn data-driven analysis methods that inform strategic decision-making processes
- Examine modern cultural perspectives and concepts of social responsibility
- Gain the knowledge to pursue future leadership opportunities
- Receive regular guidance and insight from distinguished scholar-practitioners
Customize your learning experience
Before completing this degree, you will choose one of four tracks: Generalist, Business Foundations, Marketing, or Sport Media and Communications. Program tracks allow you to focus your learning and build the knowledge that will be the most beneficial in your current or future career.