Online Storytelling and Audience Engagement is developed for the Master of Communications and Media Management (M.C.M.M.). The purpose of the course is to develop leadership skills within the ever-changing world of digital communication and, ultimately, fostering a media environment that builds community around content. Graduate standing.
In this course, we will:
- Adopt the tools and theories of human-centered design to address challenges and opportunities facing digital communication;
- Work on solutions to storytelling problems that involve digital tools and platforms;
- Examine the human and digital resources necessary to build loyal communities around vital information for news and brands;
- Parse the potential and drawbacks of major digital channels, including ethical considerations;
- Use analytics to find actionable steps in improving a brands' messaging and targeting of potential community;
- Build a real-world concept for a transmedia campaign that evokes co-creation with users.
This course can be applied toward:
Admission into the MCMM program.
Textbooks and Materials
Textbooks and materials can be purchased at the CSU Bookstore unless otherwise indicated.
- Media Management: A Casebook Approach, 5th Ed. (2016)
Hollifield, Wicks, Sylvie & Lowrey