Gain access to the latest research on how current digital tools are shaping the future of internal and external communications in this partially synchronous and online program.
Become a leader in the field of communications and media
The technology we all use to share information continues to evolve at a rapid pace. CSU's Master of Communications and Media Management program delivers a powerful learning experience for professionals seeking to advance into a leadership role or pursue new career opportunities.
To manage communication effectively, you must understand how to critically select, enhance, and integrate the ideal mix of media to define and connect with specific audiences. This program prepares you to:
- Understand the use, diffusion, and impacts of new communication technologies.
- Strategically manage both traditional and digital communication tools.
- Write and deliver content using digital media, including text, photos, audio, video, and websites.
- Plan, implement, and oversee effective organizational communication plans.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of technology, communication strategies, and media projects.
Learn to operate more ethically and take a data-driven approach
Courses in this program focus on ethical decision-making as a media manager. Ethical concerns in digital media and communication include the protection of employee and customer privacy, surveillance issues, data protection, and the use of blocking and email screening programs within organizations.
Creating successful digital communication strategies also requires measuring and understanding data (i.e. data analytics). You will learn:
- How real-time feedback is utilized by major media companies to track trends.
- How to understand analytics for all major media categories.
- How to make sense of the implications and opportunities behind the numbers.
- How to present and utilize data to influence decision-making.
- How to incorporate data visualization to enhance your messages.
Build a professional network as you collaborate in the online classroom
This program emphasizes collaborative learning. You will have many opportunities to network and problem-solve with your peers. CSU strives to create a rich, supportive online learning experience by providing students with access to training resources such as Lynda.com, task-specific research, statistics programs, and databases.
Customize your program of study
This master’s program gives you the flexibility to choose technical and in-depth study topics that relate to your interests and career goals. Topics include:
- Corporate communication
- Digital video editing
- Public relations
- Digital photography
- Advertising and marketing communication
- Writing for specialized magazines
- Web design and management
- Media ethics
Advance your career in virtually any industry
Whether you choose to work in marketing, PR, government, nonprofit, or a corporate environment, all organizations need qualified professionals to implement strategic, versatile communication plans. As a graduate of this program, you will be uniquely positioned to take on the responsibility of managing campaigns, people, technology, and budgets.