Hear Dr. Tobin Lopes and Dr. Kalpana Gupta describe the distinct ways this online master's in adult education and training sets you up to be a successful student, and in turn, a successful adult educator.
Online master's in adult education
Learning is a lifelong endeavor, and trained specialists are needed to teach adult learners in postsecondary, community, and corporate settings. With coursework that is based in practice, yet grounded in current adult learning theory, this master's degree prepares you to successfully plan and administer a wide range of training and educational programs for a variety of delivery formats, including traditional face-to-face, blended learning, and online learning environments.
Looking for a career change or to take your career to the next level? Earn your master’s in adult education online as you become a more skilled adult educator and trainer in the following fields:
- Adult basic education
- Athletics coaching
- Corporate training
- Emergency medical services (EMS) education
- English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction
- Health education
- Outdoor education
- Many other fields involving adult learning
Learn strategic approaches to adult education
The master's degree in adult education helps you take what you learn in the online classroom, and apply it to your own work environment, bringing your reflections back to share with classmates. Through project-based assignments that ensure real-world knowledge and immediate application on the job, you will learn to think more strategically about:
- Adult learning theory
- Instructional design
- Methods of instruction
- Learning technologies
- Learning transfer
- Program assessment
Engage with a diverse learning community
Participate with classmates from a wide variety of fields and backgrounds. Offered through the School of Education in the College of Health and Human Sciences, the online master's in adult education program gives you the skills to teach in a variety of adult learning environments within a culturally diverse global context.
- Collaborative projects encourage individual and professional growth through exposure to other colleagues.
- Advisors assist you in becoming a critically reflective practitioner, capable of conducting and communicating workplace research as it relates to and informs the field of adult learning and training.
- As an online learner, you have the option to engage in a fully asynchronous online format or in a synchronous, hybrid format with on-campus learners. The synchronous option allows you meet in real-time, at a distance.*
*If you are interested in the synchronous option, please reach out to the course instructor. This is available only for courses that are offered on-campus during the corresponding semester.