Hear Dr. Tobin Lopes and Dr. Kalpana Gupta describe the distinct ways this online master's in adult education and training sets you up to be a successful student, and in turn, a successful adult educator.
Become an expert in adult education by earning your master's degree online
Prepare to train and educate adults when you earn your master’s degree in Adult Education.
Through our online degree program, you’ll learn to build educational programs and engage adult learners using a variety of delivery formats.
When completed, you’ll be prepared to work in the following fields:
- Adult basic education
- Athletics coaching
- Corporate training
- Emergency medical services (EMS) education
- English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction
- Health education
- Outdoor education
- Many other fields involving adult learning
Learn strategic approaches to adult education
Through project-based assignments you'll receive real-world knowledge you can apply on the job. You will learn to think more strategically about:
- Adult learning theory
- Instructional design
- Methods of instruction
- Learning technologies
- Learning transfer
- Program assessment
Engage with a diverse learning community
Participate with classmates from a wide variety of fields and backgrounds. Offered through the School of Education in the College of Health and Human Sciences, the online master's in adult education program gives you the skills to teach in a variety of adult learning environments within a culturally diverse global context.
- Collaborative projects encourage individual and professional growth through exposure to other colleagues.
- Advisors assist you in becoming a critically reflective practitioner, capable of conducting and communicating workplace research as it relates to and informs the field of adult learning and training.
- As an online learner, you have the option to engage in a fully asynchronous online format or in a synchronous, hybrid format with on-campus learners. The synchronous option allows you meet in real-time, at a distance.*
*If you are interested in the synchronous option, please reach out to the course instructor. This is available only for courses that are offered on-campus during the corresponding semester.