Technical Support and Requirements
Contact the CSU Help Desk to receive phone or email support to address your technical needs such as issues with accessing your course in Canvas, reactivating your eID, or downloading software.
Technical Requirements for Canvas
Visit the Canvas website for a list of basic computer system requirements and a list of supported browsers necessary to use Canvas.
All students registered in a credit-bearing course may download and install the full version of Microsoft Office on up to five computers – free of charge.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Many courses require that students have access to Adobe Acrobat Reader. Visit the Adobe website to install the latest version.
Digital Information Literacy Expectations
Students taking online course are expected possess the following digital information literacy skills:
- Using the Canvas learning management system
- Creating and submitting files in commonly used word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation formats such as Microsoft Office Tools
- Downloading, installing, and updating software
- Using web conferencing tools for collaborations
- Post and respond to online discussion forums
- Using online libraries, databases, and search engines to locate and gather appropriate information
- Properly citing information sources using MLA, APA, or Chicago Style
Learn more about accessibility considerations by reading the Canvas Accessibility Statement.