Take 3D printing courses online
By providing more efficient ways to turn ideas into objects, 3D printing is revolutionizing product design, development, and manufacturing across industries. CSU’s online 3D printing courses are designed for anyone who wants to learn more about what 3D printing is, how it works, and what you will need before you get started.
In this program, you’ll learn about the primary types of 3D printing technology, along with the related software, tools, and techniques that apply to a wide range of additive manufacturing disciplines.
A basic knowledge of 3D software such as Sketchup or CAD is helpful but not necessary. Coding knowledge is not required.
What you will learn:
- An understanding of what 3D printing is and how it works
- A working knowledge of all the main 3D printing methods, along with pros/cons and trade-offs between methods for a wide variety of applications
- An understanding of the software, data format and related tools that are used in 3D printing, including techniques used to create or acquire 3D models that can be printed
- A general understanding of the main applications 3D printing is used for and why it is such an important new technology in these industries
- Everything you need to know to go find a 3D printer and get started
For each course you successfully complete, you will earn a digital badge that you can add to your resume, e-portfolio, and social media profiles to demonstrate your competency in the subject.
Who should take this program?
Ideal for anyone who wants to understand the foundations and processes of 3D printing technology, this program helps you learn about the benefits and challenges of various technologies on the market today, and how to choose the best processes to develop different types of products.
Use this as an opportunity to learn how to integrate 3D printing into your business or personal projects, or to gain a better understanding of the technology in order to use it in a classroom setting. Subject matter applies to those in a wide range of disciplines, including:
- and education.
These 3D printing classes are especially beneficial for those involved in STEM education, as most middle schools and high schools are beginning to add 3D printing to their curricula.
What are digital badges and how do they work?
Digital badges are visual representations of new knowledge you have gained. You earn badges each time you successfully complete one of CSU’s online digital badge courses. Take only the courses you want to take, and build your own unique set of credentials.
Courses in this program are self-paced. Study on your own schedule, and customize your learning experience to match your individual goals. Take all courses to earn your Mastery Badge, or take only the courses you're most interested in.
Learn more about digital badges and how they work.