Accessing Online Credit Courses in Canvas
All students need an Electronic Identity (NetID) to access courses in Canvas. New students should create their NetID as soon as possible after registration to reduce delays in accessing online courses.
Logging in to Canvas
- Have you created your Electronic Identity (NetID) yet? If not, visit the NetID website.
- Go to CSU Canvas and select "NetID Login."
- Enter your NetID login information (eName and ePassword) and click "Log in."
- You can display a list of the courses you are enrolled in by hovering your mouse over "Courses." If one of your courses is not listed and the course has already begun, contact your instructor.
If you've forgotten your ePassword, use the NetID forgotten password recovery tool to change your password.
Courses are not viewable in Canvas until the Friday before the start of the term. Courses that start later in the term may not be available at the start of the term, but will become available the first day of class. Get better acquainted with Canvas by checking out Canvas student resources.
I don't see my course.
Your online credit course becomes available in Canvas the Friday before the start of the term, so you will not see it in your course list until then. All open entry courses are available immediately, however.
I can't log in, why?
First, verify that your NetID (previously called eID) is working by logging into another CSU service, such as RAMweb.
- If you can't log in to RAMweb, visit the NetID website for support to get your eID working.
- If you can log in to RAMweb, contact the Help Desk to make sure your access to Canvas is properly enabled.