As a student in CSU’s online ski area management program, you receive a certificate from a regionally accredited research institution while taking courses at times and locations that fit your busy life. Additionally, you can expect:
- A One-of-a-Kind Program: Learn about concepts in business management and resort operations from the only online graduate program of its kind in North America.
- Convenience and Flexibility: Our program offers a unique structure of eight-week accelerated courses, scheduled around the industry’s peak season. This, combined with our online format, offers the flexibility you need to maintain an active lifestyle while taking steps to further your career.
- The Ability to Finish in Less than a Year: In just nine months you can earn a ski industry-specific graduate certificate that helps you stand out in the job market.
- Content That Meets Industry Needs: We developed our courses alongside an advisory board of industry professionals to help you learn the skills that are most valued on the job.
- A Collaborative Learning Environment: Become part of a larger community and extended professional network by engaging with peers and instructors from diverse backgrounds.
- Optional Internship Opportunities: Take advantage of CSU’s industry connections to explore internship opportunities or even future employment. Our faculty are eager to connect students with ski resorts to foster mutually beneficial professional relationships.
- Courses that Apply to a Master of Tourism Management: You may apply six of the 12 required courses from this program to our Master of Tourism Management should you decide to pursue further educational opportunities..
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.
"The Ski Area Management Program is an excellent pathway for those who desire to enter into this great industry. The preparation that the program provides will provide a significant advantage to aspiring management. The mountain resort industry is vibrant, fun and competitive — plus we get to live, work, and play in the places we love."
President, COO, Alterra Mountain Company