Earning a graduate certificate in ski area management will give you an edge as you develop your career in a growing and forward-thinking industry. It is strongly recommended that you seek employment or internship opportunities while taking courses in this program. This will allow you to apply what you are leaning to real-world scenarios and enhance the learning experience. For those not currently working in the industry, CSU faculty may be able to assist in connecting you to employment opportunities with some of our industry supporters.
Michael Berry, president of the National Ski Areas Association, explains how a generational shift in the ski industry is opening up new career opportunities, and how CSU's online Ski Area Management certificate program can help you develop necessary skills to meet rising industry demands.
CSU's online Ski Area Management certificate program provides a unique advantage to those looking to pursue or enhance a career in ski area operations. Hear Mark Gasta, CSU Faculty (past Executive Vice-President, Vail Resorts), explain why now is such an exciting time for those in the industry, and how this program can give you an edge with ski area employers.
Why pursue a career in the ski industry?
- It combines a passion for the outdoors with a rewarding career.
- There are growing opportunities for middle- and senior-level management positions.
- There are many opportunities for women in management positions.
- It focuses on providing positive, life-changing experiences for other people.
- The work environment is dynamic, challenging and exciting.