BSBB 3062 – Personal Branding for Greater Effectiveness (2 Weeks)
Your "brand" is what people say about you when you are not in the room. Personal branding is your story about what you bring to the table in a host of situations. It is often said that if we don't take control of our own brand, other people will. This course will help you explore who you are and what skills and competencies you bring to your community and organization. It will also provide you with tools and strategies to help you directly influence how your "value-add" is perceived. Get ready to explore three components of personal branding: motivation, position, and connection. Within those three concepts, you will examine core values, personal vision and mission, and creation/revision of personal collateral.
Through this course, you will gain:
- Tools for effectively creating a compelling presence and raising your visibility;
- Strategies for taking control of how you are represented to the public;
- Techniques for developing a bigger and more authentic representation of you and your skills, value-add, and competencies.
BSBB 3063 – Resilience and Stress Management for Professional and Personal Development (2 Weeks)
Understanding resilience and how to manage stress requires an examination of what makes people move from a state of high stress to a state in which the mind and body operate at their best. Learn to assess your current level of stress and gain useful tools and practices to manage it. The role that mindfulness, compassion, and gratitude play on the human psyche will also be explored, and you will learn practices focusing on each of these. As a participant, you will probe strategies to combat fatigue, anxiety, and anger, while exploring the building blocks of resilience and renewal using a model called the holistic self.
Through this course, you will:
- Learn greater workplace effectiveness through stress reduction techniques;
- Develop an understanding of resilience and how you operate at your best;
- Gain relational techniques that will help reduce stress and allow for positive work and life relationships;
- Learn practices that help catch emotional triggers before they create a state of detachment.
BSBB 3064 – Influence and Impact (2 Weeks)
How do influence and power affect an individual’s success in today’s fast-paced businesses? The focus of this course includes learning to be clear on intended outcomes and developing a variety of communication skills to influence others more effectively. Learn techniques to handle different workplace situations so you can better manage the complexities of modern organizational life. Some of the topics you will explore include changing expectations, relationship management, navigating conflicts, and coping with degrees of uncertainty.
In this course, you will:
- Practice various influence styles and skills;
- Develop an action plan for applying the influence styles and skills back at work;
- Learn practical strategies for managing organizational power dynamics;
- Gain an understanding of various influence styles and the science of power.
BSBB 3066 – High-Performance Teams (2 Weeks)
Cultivating a high-performance team requires knowledge of group dynamics and skills to help teams increase their ability to function effectively. As a participant in this course, you will learn about different types of teams, the stages of group development, and the foundational elements of team success. Learn to create your own high-performing team using positive influencing skills, which are backed by decades of research.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Recognize how cohesive teams lead to a relational, efficient, and high-performing workplace;
- Create a team action plan tailored to you and your organizational needs;
- Identify useful strategies, backed by team and leadership research, that will allow you to facilitate and lead team success;
- Cultivate a deep understanding of group and team dynamics;
- Develop and sustain teamwork in a variety of cross-functional situations.
BSBB 3067 – Strategic Planning That Works (2 Weeks)
The expression “Failing to plan is planning to fail” could not be closer to the truth. Many organizations think that in today’s global market of “bricks and clicks,” they can convey a compelling message on the fly. Without a strategy for future growth, however, a business (or an individual) is lost in a sea of options without a compass or a map. This course provides a variety of effective courses of action for strategically positioning oneself for present challenges, as well as for future development and success. The course focuses on the three basic phases of strategic planning; analysis/assessment, strategy formulation, and strategy execution. You will learn a variety of strategic thinking practices instrumental to effective strategic planning. Finally, you will identify and set goals and objectives.
In this course, you will gain:
- A clear understanding of how strategic planning can give direction and momentum;
- A variety of tools for developing effective strategies for individual and/or business development;
- The ability to craft powerful strategies appropriate for a wide range of needs and circumstances;
- An understanding of how setting realistic goals and determining the best path to achieving those goals leads to success.
BSBB 3068 – The Art of the Creative/Innovative Manager (2 Weeks)
Being a creative and innovative leader requires an artful knowledge and execution of business and management practices. You are invited to explore the difference between innovation and creativity, and how to use each in taking your job and organization to a higher, more competitive level. This course guides you through various theories and practices key to creativity and innovation. Learn about the Medici Effect; Copy, Transform, Remix; Divergent Thinking, and Mind Mapping. Through lecture, readings, and activities you will explore the most recent discoveries on creativity and innovation by neuroscience, and what insights and skills can be developed and applied through the work of Ken Robinson, Daniel Pink, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, and David Whyte.
In this course, you will gain:
- More effective and efficient strategies for innovating and creating in your job;
- A well-defined strategy for implementing learned skills at work and at home;
- Techniques for applying innovation and creativity to management and leadership.