See how this online master's degree will help you become a better adult educator in fields like health education, basic education, emergency services training, athletics coaching, and nonprofit and corporate training.
Learning is a lifelong endeavor and trained specialists are needed to teach adult learners in postsecondary, community, and corporate settings. With coursework that is based in practice, yet grounded in current adult learning theory, the Adult Education and Training master's degree prepares you to successfully plan and administer a wide range of training and educational programs.
Earn your adult education degree online and take your career to the next level as you become a more skilled adult educator and trainer in the following fields:
- Health education
- Emergency medical services (EMS) education
- Corporate training
- Athletics coaching
- Adult basic education
- English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction
- Outdoor education
- Many other fields involving adult learning
Through project-based assignments that ensure real-world knowledge and immediate application on the job, you will learn to think more strategically about:
- Adult learning theory
- Instructional design
- Methods of instruction
- Learning technologies
- Learning transfer
- Program assessment
Offered through the School of Education in the College of Health and Human Sciences, the master's in adult education program gives you the skills to teach in a variety of adult learning environments within a culturally diverse global context.
- Collaborative projects encourage individual and professional growth through exposure to other colleagues.
- Advisors assist you in becoming a critically reflective practitioner, capable of conducting and communicating workplace research as it relates to and informs the field of adult learning and training.
- The online format allows you to earn a master's degree and still maintain your personal life and career.