Take a look at how you can gain expertise in higher education administration, communication, and diversity issues with our online master's degree in student affairs.
The online Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) Master of Science degree prepares you for a career in student affairs through curriculum taught by faculty who are both scholars and practitioners of student affairs. Through the SAHE master's degree, you'll learn professional competencies needed to be successful in a wide range of settings on college and university campuses, including financial aid, admissions, student activities, advising, and residence life.
During our master's in student affairs program, you'll learn:
- Theories, assessments, and evaluations related to student affairs practice
- Cross-cultural and diversity issues within the context of higher education
- How diverse student learning, developmental theory, and research are relevant to students' education and development
- Current issues and practices in the student affairs profession
- Administration functions and services in your choice of at least two distinct student affairs functional areas
Through this varied coursework and two practicum experiences, you gain professional expertise that will help you function in an administrative capacity and increase your ability to manage yourself, communicate effectively, and establish healthy and effective working relationships.
Because diverse backgrounds and experiences enrich our student affairs graduate programs, we aim to have students from across the United States, and around the globe, coming from a variety of background experiences—whether directly out of undergraduate programs, from entry level positions in student affairs, or with years of higher education and student affairs experience.