As a student in CSU’s online biomedical engineering master’s program, you receive the same education, learn from the same faculty, and earn the same regionally accredited degree as students on campus. Additionally, you can expect:
- Training to Meet Growing Industry Demand: As healthcare demands rise due to an aging population, so will the demand for biomedical engineers to develop innovative medical solutions. Recent data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates employment for biomedical engineers to increase by 27% by 2022.
- Instruction from Expert Faculty: Learn from faculty with a wealth of research and industry knowledge in topics like biomaterial tissue engineering, nanotechnology, and bone biology and mechanics.
- Education that Helps You Help Others: Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to devise engineering solutions to improve the lives of people around the world. Whether you want to help cure diseases, improve a patient’s quality of life, or make medical devices to aid in diagnostics and treatment – this degree will help you affect change.
- A Program with an Interdisciplinary Approach: To ensure you get a comprehensive education, we developed our degree with input from four colleges and 13 departments within Colorado State University. This provides you with both depth and breadth of knowledge to bring into your career.
- A Customizable Curriculum: This coursework-only degree sits at the nexus of engineering and biology, teaching the fundamentals of biomedical engineering while allowing you to choose elective credits specific to your desired career path or personal interests.
- Broad Professional Applicability: The skills you learn in this program are applicable to the fields of biomaterials, pharmaceuticals, mechanical engineering, tissue engineering, biosensors, wound healing, drug delivery, nanotechnology, military medicine, prosthesis, and more. Such a wide range of relevant industries gives you the flexibility to pursue an array of employment opportunities.
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.