As a student in CSU’s distance Ph.D. in higher education leadership, you will receive a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited, renowned research institution while taking courses at times and locations that fit your busy life. Additionally, you can expect:
- A Leading Program in Distance Delivery: The success of our Ph.D. distance delivery method, designed for mid-level higher education professionals wishing to maintain full-time employment, can be seen in our 95% retention rate, compared to the 50% national average.
- Instruction from Expert Faculty: Learn from active scholars who incorporate their experience as administrators and teachers into coursework. Our faculty are skilled educators with industry expertise and extensive careers in higher education, including former vice presidents and college presidents. Gain practical day-to-day knowledge of what it takes to lead higher education institutions successfully and ethically.
- A Cohort Model: The same group of students goes through the program together, offering a cohesive support structure and built-in professional network.
- A Quality Learning Experience: Due to the highly competitive nature of this program, we only accept a small percentage of students each semester. To achieve our goal of ensuring a superior learning experience with a diverse group of students, we limit cohort size to 10-12 students.
- Individualized Faculty-Student Engagement: In addition to the in-person class sessions, our program provides opportunities for frequent and meaningful one-on-one interactions with faculty through a variety of mediums, including: video conferencing, online discussions, email, text, and more.
- A Focus on Universities and Colleges: Advance your career in a higher education administrative leadership position through our university- and college-focused curriculum. Our program prepares leaders in areas such as enrollment management, student services, higher education administration, academic support leadership, housing and auxiliary services, and more.
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.