Earn your certificate in Urban Agriculture online
More than half of the world’s population lives in urban areas.
By midcentury, 2/3 of the world’s population will live in urban areas.
All of them eat.
Study a systems approach to urban agriculture. Gain a holistic view of using urban space to grow fresh foods for quick access to urban populations.
Discover the practice of cultivating, processing, and distributing food in and around cities. Learn the overall urban agriculture industry and its contributing systems – from designing green roofs to logistics and marketing. Apply what you learn to develop a new business or help grow an existing one.
Gain knowledge and expertise as you learn to:
- Evaluate the scale and feasibility of urban and peri-urban food growing methods
- Design a green roof from concept to project completion, including food production and maintenance
- Grow your expertise in horticulture and human health, specifically in plant biology, food and medicinal crop production, human nutrition, and the treatment of chronic disease.
Expand your career opportunities
Urban Agriculture careers are expected to grow 6% in the next 10 years*. Turn your interest in landscaping, food, gardening, or hydroponics into a career.
Potential career opportunities include:
- Urban Agronomist
- Urban Farmer
- Grant Specialist in Urban Farming
- Non-Profit Administrator for Food Insecurity
- Urban Agriculture Food Consultant
- Irrigation Specialist
Study online, on your time
Complete your coursework at times that are convenient for you with CSU’s flexible online learning format. Study at your pace to gain career-building skills that put you ahead of the competition.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics