Earn your business information systems certificate online
You know technology is the future — your future. Build technical skills with CSU's nine-credit Graduate Certificate in Business Information Systems. The program is designed for people who work with information technology (IT) departments, have clients or customers in technology fields, or who want a broad introduction to information systems. You will learn:
- How businesses manage information to function more efficiently, effectively, and profitably.
- How to determine information needs of a company and specify the requirements for systems that support business processes.
- How to harness vast data stores to solve problems, enhance decision-making, and discover new opportunities.
- How information systems can support business functions.
- How to analyze the organizational consequences of IT and the factors in successful and failed IT projects.
Gain the skills to implement and manage technology within organizations
This program understands that a tool is only as good as its user and prepares students to strategically implement technology within organizations. In addition, students come away with a robust understanding of the latest data analysis tools in the industry, including:
- Knowledge of the emerging field of business intelligence (BI) – its capabilities, role in decision making, and various vendors – through hands-on experience with popular BI technologies and tools.
- Managerial-level understanding of infrastructure, applications, and data.
- Strategic management of technology and IT projects, using case studies to analyze project management issues and making decisions.
Study online from wherever you are
Courses, offered in a convenient online format, are taught by College of Business Department of Computer Information Systems faculty, and are designed to provide industry-specific knowledge relevant to conducting business in various technical environments. Students in CSU's certificate in business information systems study with the same faculty, and earn the same certificate, as students on campus.
Apply credits toward your master's degree
This certificate can be a companion to the computer information systems master's degree. The credits completed as part of this online certificate may be applied toward the degree after formal admission per University transfer policies with a grade of B or better in each course. However, successful completion of the courses or certificate does not guarantee admission to the degree program.
The Colorado State University College of Business offers special tuition benefits for the following:
- Colorado residents are eligible for a 5% tuition benefit.
- Active military, honorably discharged veterans, military spouses, and military dependents are eligible for a 15% tuition benefit.
- Corporate partners may qualify for 10% off the cost of tuition. Reach out to CSU’s admissions team to learn if your company offers a corporate partner tuition benefit.
- Alumni of CSU Fort Collins are eligible for a 15% tuition benefit.