Earn your business application development certificate online with CSU
A growing number of organizations rely on custom-made applications to drive business growth, boost efficiency, and create streamlined user experiences. This AACSB-accredited graduate certificate program will help you gain the right balance of business knowledge and technical skills to develop high-quality business applications that meet or exceed stakeholder expectations.
After successfully completing this program of study, you will be able to:
- Evaluate business needs and determine what specific application features and functions will best suit those needs
- Plan, design, develop, test, and debug applications using modeling and programming languages, tools, and technologies
- Utilize Interactive Development Environments (IDEs) for software development
- Implement modularization and documentation
- Operate according to software development best practices
Prepare to enter a growing career field
ComplEmployment opportunities for software developers are projected to grow by 21% between 2018 and 2021, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is much faster than the average growth rate for all professions. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a business application developer is just over $70,000 per year. Large organizations in many different industries are actively seeking qualified application developers, including Google, Oracle, Hewlett-Packard, J.P. Morgan, Vanguard, Allstate, and UPS.
Apply credits toward your master’s degree
Every credit earned in this certificate can later be applied toward your Master of Computer Information Systems graduate degree (after formal admission per University transfer policies). Note that successful completion of this certificate does not guarantee admission into the master’s program.