Discover how an anthropology bachelor's degree can enhance your employment marketability, and how far reaching a career in anthropology really is. Become an asset in any industry. Gain an understanding of cultural differences, skills in working with underserved populations, and the tools to think critically about the world around you. Colorado State University’s online bachelor's degree completion program in anthropology offers the best of the arts and sciences, living at the intersection of humanities and social and natural science.
Through a curriculum built on cultural relativism, our anthropology major will teach you how to keep your own experiences from influencing your perception of other cultures and give you a thorough understanding of humans’ place and interaction in our natural world, including:
- Perspectives on people and their cultures (past and present), and an awareness of their social, political, economic, and environmental systems
- Knowledge of and respect for the similarities and differences that characterize human societies in the world and key theoretical ideas that anthropologists use to comprehend these
- The relationship between theory, methods, and data
- Cultural differences and how to identify gaps in services for organizations providing services to minority cultures
Unique to Colorado State’s online anthropology bachelor's degree is the option for students to attend one of three summer field schools in person. These experiences are not required, but are available as a valuable, hands-on supplement to what you’ll learn during your online courses.
- Paleontology Field School
Greybull, Wyoming (Big Horn Basin)
Identify fossil localities, map sections, and help with primary data collection.
- Archeology Field School
Various locations in Northern Colorado
Focus on high altitude locations and establish connections from mountain to plains, pre-history to history.
- Ethnographic Field School
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, South Dakota
Work with one of three local communities on economic development projects.