Main Navigation
Apply Now Request Info


Student Resources

Tentative Transfer Evaluation Process: Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Tentative Transfer Evaluation?

  • A Tentative Transfer Evaluation (TTE) is an option for those students who are interested in attending Colorado State University (CSU) but are unsure of how their previous/current credits will transfer.
  • The TTE will allow you to see how your previous credits may transfer and will also give you an idea of how much time it will take to earn your bachelor’s degree.
  • This evaluation is free of charge and is a wonderful tool to determine if CSU will be a good fit for you.
Tentative Transfer Evaluation (TTE) Form »

Please note that TTE services may be unavailable and/or delayed during University holidays , when offices are closed.

What documents will I need to submit with my Tentative Transfer Evaluation Request?

  • Please send unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions. Individual transcripts for each institution are required as we cannot process credits that are represented on a 3rd party transcript.
  • If you attended a university or college outside of the United States, we would need you submit unofficial copies of both the original language transcript as well as an English translation.
  • If you attended an English-speaking University or College outside of the U.S., we would only need an unofficial copy of your transcript.

How much time will it take to process my request?

  • Please allow 3-5 business days for the processing of domestic transcripts (within the United States) and 2-3 weeks for the processing of international transcripts.
  • After processing is completed, it may take a week for the review of the evaluation and the results to be sent back to the student.

How do I know if CSU will recognize credit from my previous/current institution?

  • All domestic transcripts (within the United States) must have Regional Accreditation.
  • Any institutions that are Nationally accredited cannot be recognized for credit in transfer to CSU.
  • If you are unable to determine if your previous/current institution is Regionally Accredited, you are welcome to submit your TTE request and you will be notified if we are not able to recognize your previous University/College. The other option is you can send an email to and we can verify the accreditation of your previous/current institution.
  • International transcripts (apart from Universities/Colleges in Puerto Rico) should be sent, and recognition will be determined after they are received. International recognized isn’t based on domestic standards and must be determined on an individual basis.

How many credits can you accept from my previous/current institution if it is regionally accredited?

  • The number of transfer credits that can be awarded is based entirely on their content and comparison to the content of the courses taught here at Colorado State University. A letter grade of ‘C-‘ or higher is required for a course to be considered for transfer credit. Courses in the areas of liberal arts, math, science, and writing are generally transferable in some way. Other credits vary depending on content:
  • The types of credits we traditionally do not recognize are:
    • Vocational/Technical courses, i.e., cosmetology, dentistry, veterinary technician, welding, etc.
    • Intermediate courses, i.e., high school level math review course (intermediate algebra, basic algebra, etc.)

If my credits are old, will they still transfer?

  • If the institution you attended was Regionally Accredited or recognized during your attendance period, we can still possibly award credit.