Conflict Resolution for College Students
Module 1: Introduction to conflict
- Identify conflict as an opportunity for change and growth.
- Explore five root causes of conflict.
- Determine common escalation points during interpersonal conflict.
- Practice evaluating a conflict that escalated.
Module 2: Conflict styles
- Identify the difference between a position and an interest.
- Practice Identifying positions and interests.
- Analyze intent vs impact.
Module 3: Framing the conflict
- Discover personal conflict style.
- Assess the appropriateness of various conflict styles.
- Determine your communication style.
- Identify influences on communication.
Module 4: Managing conflict
- Identify effective communication strategies.
- Articulate the importance of listening for underlying interests.
- Identify constructive requests.
Module 5: Effective communication strategies
- Identify common constructive and destructive tendencies in interpersonal conflict.
- Watch how these tendencies show up in a conflict scenario.
- Analyze specific behaviors (hot buttons) that tend to result in destructive conflict tendencies.
Module 6: CSU resources
- Recognize common conflicts that occur within universities.
- Discover the services available to help students resolve conflicts.
- Identify various CSU support resources available to students.