As a student in CSU's online student affairs in higher education master's program, you receive the same education, learn from the same faculty, and earn the same regionally accredited degree as students on campus. Additionally, you can expect:
- Practical Experience: Apply what you learn in the online classroom to real-world settings through two required practicums. Organized with the help of your advisor, this experience allows for customized growth in skills pertinent to the field of student affairs.
- The Opportunity to Publish: Our master’s in student affairs is one of the few in the country that sponsors a journal for our students. Increase your marketability for future career paths with the possibility of publishing before graduating.
- Instruction from Expert Faculty: Be at the forefront of student affairs issues by learning from faculty who incorporate their research and experience as administrators into coursework. Learning from scholar-practitioners provides you with academic preparation and practical day-to-day knowledge of student affairs operations.
- A Portfolio Requirement: Rather than completing a thesis or comprehensive exam, demonstrate your competency and knowledge in the field of student affairs through the completion of a portfolio. Get valuable faculty feedback and strategize ways to enhance your understanding of concepts that improve skills required in the profession.
- A Diverse Learning Community: Earn your degree in student affairs with classmates from a variety of backgrounds. Gain an enriched perspective of shared experiences and ideas which can be applied to working with a diverse population of students in your student affairs career.
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.