This online Ph.D. in higher education leadership provides a unique and enriching educational experience, allowing you to connect with your professors and cohort, and receive a top-quality education, while still maintaining full-time employment at your home institution.
Online Ph.D. in higher education from CSU
Develop the competencies you need to successfully and ethically lead higher education institutions with a Ph.D. in higher education leadership. Send a clear message to your current employer that you are committed to the mission of your institution, and gain skills that can be applied immediately to the challenges you face as a professional through a program that:
- Develops the competencies you need to effectively lead higher education institutions.
- Builds your research knowledge and skills, enabling you to expand the knowledge base related to higher education organizations, practice, and outcomes.
- Instills and reinforces a commitment to the crucial engagement of diversity.
- Explores ways to strengthen a commitment to access, learning, institutional mission, quality, and educational outcomes.
Prepare to advance as an administrative leader
With a specific focus on universities and colleges, this program provides the practical knowledge needed to advance your administrative career in higher education. Your studies will prepare you to take on leadership roles in:
- Enrollment management
- Student services
- Higher education administration
- Academic support leadership
- Housing and auxiliary services
Join a program that fosters success
CSU’s Ph.D. in educational leadership sets itself apart with a 95% retention rate of its students, much higher than the national average of 50%. Here are a few reasons why:
- The program’s online format allows you to obtain a doctorate while remaining employed full time.
- With a cohort structure, the same group of students begins, proceeds through, and completes the program together. This fosters support and allows you to network with others across the country who hold similar positions in higher education institutions.
- Faculty members provide frequent and meaningful opportunities for one-on-one interactions through video conferencing, online discussions, email, and text.
John Carmichael, a graduate of the program, said this made all of the difference:
“You hear stories of people who get lost in Ph.D. programs and a decade goes by and they’re still working on their dissertation or taking another course. That has not been at all the experience for me, or I think any of the other people in this program.”
Gain real-world insight from scholar-practitioners
Learn from active scholars who incorporate their experience as administrators and teachers into coursework. The faculty in this online Ph.D. in higher education are skilled educators with industry expertise and extensive careers in higher education, including former vice presidents and college presidents.