Students who successfully complete this Trek Badge will be able to:
- Describe considerations in garden planning and planting times.
- Describe block style layout in a raised bed garden design.
- Describe soil preparation and fertilization for the vegetable garden.
- Describe routine garden care including mulching, irrigation, and water conservation.
- Describe routing care for tomatoes.
- List hints for growing other vegetables.
- Describe frost protection and microclimate modification.
Students receive access to the course for six-months from the time of registration to complete the course. The time frames listed on the courses are recommended times of completion.
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Textbooks and Materials
- The Science of Gardening
Not available at the CSU Bookstore