Students who successfully complete the How Plants Grow Quest Badge will be able to:
- Give definitions for the common terminology used in horticulture to enhance communications and understanding about plants.
- Describe the system of taxonomy and classification.
- Practice diagnostic skills of judiciously examining plants and plant parts for plant identification.
- Practice diagnostic skills of judiciously examining plants and plant parts and correlating observations with print information in the diagnostic process.
- Practice identification of conifers and deciduous trees
- Explain examples of how plant structures and growth processes correlate with common plant disorders.
Students receive access to the course for six-months from the time of registration to complete the course. The time frames listed on the courses are recommended times of completion.
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Textbook and Materials
- The Science of Gardening
Not available at the CSU Bookstore