Students who successfully complete the How Plants Grow Quest Badge will be able to:
- Give definitions for the common terminology used in horticulture to enhance communications and understanding about plants.
- Describe the system of taxonomy and classification.
- Practice diagnostic skills of judiciously examining plants and plant parts for plant identification.
- Practice diagnostic skills of judiciously examining plants and plant parts and correlating observations with print information in the diagnostic process.
- Practice identification of conifers and deciduous trees
- Explain examples of how plant structures and growth processes correlate with common plant disorders.
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Textbook and Materials
- The Science of Gardening
Not available at the CSU Bookstore