Students who successfully complete this Weeds Trek Badge will be able to:
- Define what a "weed" is from the perspective of the home landscape
- List the problems that weeds can cause in the home landscape
- Describe why plants become weeds in the home landscape
- Describe the difference between noxious, exotic, native, and invasive weeds
- Describe environmental, ecological and cultural/management factors that contribute to landscape weed problems
- Describe why weed identification is important and what resources are available to assist in weed identification
- Describe the different weed lifecycles and how that knowledge is vital for developing weed control strategies
- Describe the different landscape settings in which weed problems arise, and how each of those settings can present a unique set of weed management challenges
- Describe cultural and management techniques for control of landscape/garden weeds
- Describe the different types of herbicides used in the home landscape/garden and how/when each type can most effectively be used as part of a weed management program.
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Please note that there are no refunds for open entry courses.
Textbooks and Materials
- The Science of Gardening
Not available at the CSU Bookstore