Students who successfully complete this Quest Badge will be able to:
- Outline the six generic steps in the landscape design process. Explain how the process is important to potential water savings. Explain how the process applies to existing landscapes.
- Discuss opportunities and limitations as they relate to the analysis.
- Explain how the story line defines the landscape around family values, needs, and wants.
- Describe hydrozoning and its role in potential water savings and plant selection.
- Describe lawn options related to design needs, property use, and water demand.
- Describe the use of rectilinear, curvilinear, and angular design styles.
- Describe how to refine a preliminary design for efficient irrigation efficiency.
- Describe the interplay of line, color, texture, and form with scale, balance, simplicity, variety, emphasis, and sequence to create unity in the design.
- Explain hints to mix and match plants creating pizzazz.
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Please note that there are no refunds for open entry courses.