Upon completion of this Trek Badge, students will be able to:
- Explain how trees grow and how growth influences decay
- Explain removal cuts, reduction cuts and heading cuts
- Explain pros and cons related to time of year to prune
- Explain considerations in how much foliage/live wood to remove
- Explain how to structurally prune a young shade tree
- Describe generic pruning of mature shade trees, including objectives - why's and methods - how's
- Explain pruning options for flowering shrubs and evergreen shrubs.
Students receive access to the course for six-months from the time of registration to complete the course. The time frames listed on the courses are recommended times of completion.
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Textbooks and Materials
- The Science of Gardening
Not available at the CSU Bookstore