Upon successful completion of this Quest Badge, students will be able to:
- Describe selection criteria for various garden situations
- Describe factors that influence microclimates
- Describe methods to create and exploit microclimates
- Interpret catalog and plant label descriptions, as they relate to; lifecycles, exposure, irrigation requirements, drought tolerance, soil requirements
- List other selection considerations related to Right Plant, Right Place
- Describe clues to overly well-adapted plants in relation to Colorado noxious weeds.
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Textbook and Materials
- The Science of Gardening
Not available at the CSU Bookstore
Alison Stoven O'Connor
: Alison Stoven O'Connor is the Colorado State University Extension horticulture agent in Larimer County and instructor in the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture. She's been with Extension for eight years. Alison coordinates the Larimer County Master Gardener program and assists homeowners and industry with horticultural questions. She attended Iowa State University and The Ohio State University, majoring in horticulture, and is currently a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture at Colorado State University.