Earn your IT project management certificate online
Project management is found across the private, public, and military sectors – especially within information technology. CSU's IT project management training provides a deep understanding of the 10 knowledge areas required by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, as well as information management courses, agile project management training, and other special IT topics.
What you learn
Designed for both technical and non-technical students who want to gain the knowledge and skills relating to software development or information technology project management, the curriculum covers:
- Appropriate application and integration of the 42 PMI grouped project management processes.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAP-M)® test taking strategies for improved success in the PMI test environment.
- Managerial level examples of IT project management as it deals with infrastructure, applications, and data.
- Organizational consequences of IT and the factors in successful and failed IT projects.
- Alternative approaches for developing or acquiring information systems, detailing advantages and disadvantages.
Prepare for PMP or CAP-M Certification
Completion of the CIS 600 course (IT Project Management) and/or the CIS 670 course (Advanced Project Management), as part of the certificate, also prepares students to sit for the PMP® Certification or CAP-M® Certification exams.
Apply credits toward your master's degree
CSU's IT project management certificate can be a companion to the computer information systems master's degree. The credits completed as part of this certificate may be applied toward the degree after formal admission per University transfer policies with a grade of B or better in each course. However, successful completion of the courses or certificate does not guarantee admission to the degree program.