Earn your IT project management certificate online
Project management is found across the private, public, and military sectors – especially within information technology. CSU's IT project management training provides a deep understanding of the 10 knowledge areas required by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, as well as information management courses, agile project management training, and other special IT topics.
What you learn
Designed for both technical and non-technical students who want to gain the knowledge and skills relating to software development or information technology project management, the curriculum covers:
- Appropriate application and integration of the 42 PMI® grouped project management processes.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® test taking strategies for improved success in the PMI test environment.
- Managerial level examples of IT project management as it deals with infrastructure, applications, and data.
- Organizational consequences of IT and the factors in successful and failed IT projects.
- Alternative approaches for developing or acquiring information systems, detailing advantages and disadvantages.
Prepare for PMP® or CAPM® Certification
Completion of the CIS 600 course (IT Project Management) and/or the CIS 670 course (Advanced Project Management), as part of the certificate, also prepares students to sit for the PMP® Certification or CAPM® Certification exams.
Apply credits toward your master's degree
CSU's IT project management certificate can be a companion to the computer information systems master's degree. The credits completed as part of this certificate may be applied toward the degree after formal admission per University transfer policies with a grade of B or better in each course. However, successful completion of the courses or certificate does not guarantee admission to the degree program.
PMI, PMP, and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.