Earn your applied finance certificate online
This graduate certificate in finance provides you with industry-specific knowledge relevant to conducting business in various financial environments. Gain analytical business skills and learn about:
- Advanced corporate finance
- International finance
- Financial institutions
- Credit markets
Study online with expert faculty
Complete your 11-credit certificate in a convenient online format. Courses are taught by College of Business Department of Finance faculty, who bring their expertise into the online classroom. Study topics such as:
- Security valuation
- Portfolio management
- Pricing of futures, options, and swaps
- Corporate risk management
- Financial globalization
- Exchange rate behavior
- Personal finance
- Real estate market analysis
Option to pursue a master’s degree
Courses successfully completed with a grade of "B" or better as part of the online finance certificate may also count toward elective credit hours required for completion of CSU’s online Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), after formal admission per University transfer policies. However, successful completion of the courses or certificate does not guarantee admission to the degree program.
The Colorado State University College of Business offers special tuition benefits for the following:
- Colorado residents are eligible for a 5% tuition benefit.
- Active military, honorably discharged veterans, military spouses, and military dependents are eligible for a 15% tuition benefit.
- Corporate partners may qualify for 10% off the cost of tuition. Reach out to CSU’s admissions team to learn if your company offers a corporate partner tuition benefit.
- Alumni of CSU Fort Collins are eligible for a 15% tuition benefit.