Study biomaterials and tissue engineering online with CSU
Advance your career with specialized training in biomaterials and tissue engineering from Colorado State University. Gain an in-depth understanding of biomaterials by studying the properties, processing, and economics of biomedical and biotechnology applications.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Explore how engineered materials are used in medical devices.
- Analyze functionalities of various biological species in tissue engineering.
- Identify design materials for biological engineering purposes.
- Think more critically about bioengineering concepts as they relate to emerging areas of tissue engineering and biomaterials.
- Effectively communicate and discuss advanced biomaterials concepts with technical experts in the field, along with professionals in related fields who do not have specific background in this area.
- Seek out additional multidisciplinary knowledge and conduct research to broaden your expertise in tissue engineering and biomaterials.
Study online with the support of expert faculty
Complete your coursework at times that are convenient for you with CSU’s flexible online learning format. Cultivate career-building skills on your time and at your own pace. Learn from faculty in the School of Biomedical Engineering who bring their expertise into the online classroom as ground-breaking researchers in prostheses, therapeutics, cancer, orthopedics, cardiovascular tissue biomechanics, tissue engineering, and regenerative medicine.
Apply credits toward your master’s degree
Start on a path towards your Biomedical Engineering Master’s Degree by earning your Graduate Certificate in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering. Completion of this certificate may count toward credit hours required for completion of CSU’s online Master of Biomedical Engineering after formal admission. However, successful completion of the courses or certificate does not guarantee admission to the degree program.