Find out how this online master's degree helps you use music to address people's physical, psychological, cognitive, and social needs.
Advance your career as a neurologic music therapist with our nationally recognized master's degree program in music therapy. Through your course of study, you will learn how to use music as a form of therapy to address the physical, psychological, cognitive, and social needs of individuals.
- Expand your background in neurological sciences, music, and research.
- Learn to work with people who have neurological disorders such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, autism, developmental disorders, and multiple sclerosis.
- Earn your music therapy degree at your own pace and still maintain full-time employment. The program requires only one on-campus session.
You will develop your skills as a music therapist, with focus on neurologic music therapy techniques that promote changes in cognitive, sensorimotor, speech and language, and psychosocial functioning. This degree develops your use of neurologic music therapy techniques to:
- Rehabilitate individuals with neurologic disease and disorders
- Maintain functioning with older adults
- Improve the communication, academic performance, and social skills of children with disabilities
- Promote cognition and enhance memory
- Facilitate motor development in children with disabilities
- Improve treatment outcomes