CSU consistently earns top rankings and accolades for its quality education, innovative research, outreach, and world-renowned faculty.
- Colorado State moved into the top 60 public universities in the country according to U.S. News and World Report's annual “America's Best Colleges” ranking for 2014. The rankings place CSU at 60, up from 67 last year, among public universities nationwide. Read more »
- CSU is among Forbes' “Top Colleges for 2013.” The university ranks among the top Research Universities and Universities in the West.
- For the fifth year in a row, CSU is among the top military friendly schools in the nation, according to G.I. Jobs magazine. The 2014 “Military Friendly Schools” list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America's military service members, veterans and spouses as students.
- The Princeton Review, a New-York-based educational services company, features Colorado State University in the 2014 edition of "The Best 378 Colleges." Students surveyed for the review said CSU is a "hidden gem" that offers a "wonderful education, friendly people, and awesome culture," along with "excellent" green efforts, a strong engineering program, and a myriad of research opportunities. CSU also cares about its students becoming active members in the community, according to the 2014 Princeton Review "Best 378 Colleges."
- The 2014 Fiske Guide to Colleges focused on selecting universities with strong engineering, technical and environmental programs and emphasis, and featured CSU. According to Fiske, the guide includes 300 universities with an overview of the student body, academics, social life, financial aid, campus setting, housing, food and extracurricular activities.
- CSU's College of Business part-time MBA program was ranked 34th in the nation in the U.S. News and World Report's 2014 “Best Graduate Schools” edition. The program was the highest ranked one of its kind in Colorado. The College of Business is also among the "Best Administered" business schools in the nation according to the Princeton Review, ranking fourth in the nation in the recently released "Best 296 Business Schools" book for 2013.
- CSU was ranked by Affordable Colleges Online as one of "54 most affordable online colleges".
- CSU’s online Master of Applied Industrial/Organizational Psychology was independently reviewed and ranked by GetEducated.com as a top "Best Buy,” based on a comprehensive review of 71 online master's programs offered by regionally-accredited universities, where only the top 33 best values made the 2013 ranking list.
- CSU’s online psychology undergraduate degree completion program was independently reviewed and ranked by GetEducated.com as a top "Best Buy,” based on a comprehensive review of 99 online bachelor’s degrees in psychology, human services, and the social sciences in which only the top 36 best values made the 2013 ranking list.
- CSU’s online Master of Engineering, Civil Engineering specialization was independently reviewed and ranked by GetEducated.com as a top "Best Buy,” based on a comprehensive review of 193 online master’s degrees for engineers, in which only the top 44 best values made the 2013 ranking list.
- Diverse Issues In Higher Education listed CSU among the "Top 100 Producers of Minority Degrees for 2011. The rankings include institutions that offer the most degrees to minority students.
- CSU's professional doctoral veterinary medicine program is ranked No. 3 in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report's 2014 “Best Graduate Schools” edition. The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biological Sciences consistently places among the top three vet schools in the nation. It is also ranked third in the nation in federal research dollars.
- In April 2012, The Princeton Review named CSU in its "Guide to 322 Green Colleges" as one of the nation's top colleges with a strong commitment to sustainability initiatives and activities because of its many green initiatives including a new minor in sustainability, a 5.3-megawatt solar plant, biomass boiler and graywater testing in residence halls.
- CSU ranks fifth in the nation for the number of graduate alumni serving in the Peace Corps and in the top 15 for undergraduates, according to the volunteer organization's 2013 rankings. Read more»
Visit CSU's rankings page to learn more about CSU's excellence.