Build your skills and knowledge to successfully supervise the construction process from the conceptual development stage through the final construction phase with a certificate in construction management. Taught at the Denver Learning Center on evenings and weekends, you gain tools that can be applied immediately to your coordination and management of people, materials, equipment, budgets, schedules, and contracts.
In this program, you are trained to:
- Coordinate the different needs of large-scale projects
- Maintain relationships with contractors and subcontractors
- Define the structure and responsibilities of the project management team
- Handle external concerns such as materials, safety, and risk management
You don't have to put your career on hold to gain formal construction management training. This program can improve your effectiveness, keep you up-to-date on industry developments, and give you the competitive edge to further your career. Specific topics covered in the program include:
- Construction engineering and materials
- Methods and systems
- Material science
- Structural design: reinforced concrete, structural steel, and wood timber framing
- Mechanical/electrical systems
- Smart/green buildings and sustainability
- Construction economics
- Project management
This certificate program is attended primarily by superintendents and managers with substantial experience but no formal training in the construction industry. The program is also beneficial for a number of professionals in residential and commercial building, including accountants, attorneys, insurance assessors, marketing professionals, property appraisers, realtors, and lenders.
If you are transitioning into the construction field, earning your Construction Management Certificate will develop the essential knowledge you need to be competitive. You'll learn the in-depth content that is typically presented in undergraduate construction management programs without the commitment of a full degree program. This program can also prepare you for graduate study in this field.