CSU’s online Master of Public Policy and Administration (M.P.P.A.) program prepares students for leadership, combining academic theory with real-world experience.
Government agencies, international nongovernment organizations, and nonprofits actively seek out professionals with the specialized knowledge to develop policies that improve quality of life. With an interdisciplinary curriculum that integrates research-based academic theory with real-world experience, this master’s program will prepare you to take on a leadership role as a policy manager, generalist, or specialist in the public or private sector.
The online M.P.P.A. program is a professional master’s degree and requires the completion of 21 credit hours of core courses, 12-15 credit hours of specialization credits, an internship (3 cr.), and a capstone project (3 cr.).
Customize your education by choosing one of three specializations:
- The public management specialization offers a well-rounded curriculum ideal for generalists. You will gain the managerial and technical competencies to effectively deliver and manage public services at the federal, state, or local levels of government.
- The public policy specialization will give you the foundational skills to appropriately structure policy problems, propose comprehensive solutions, and carefully evaluate existing policies. By completing this specialization, you will be equipped to serve as a professional policy analyst or policy manager in both public and nonprofit organizations.
- The international policy and management specialization will equip you with a broad understanding of policy and management, both within and across countries. By completing this specialization, you will be prepared to pursue careers in intergovernmental organizations, NGOs, or as a U.S. foreign policy maker.
Study in a collaborative online program to gain applied skills
Hone your research and critical thinking abilities as you analyze a range of case studies. Through in-depth discussions with fellow students, you will expand your understanding of public policy administration and theory. Topics of study range from public budgeting and finance to policy process theory to environmental law.
Why earn your master’s online with CSU?
- Learn in a challenging academic program guided by distinguished scholar-practitioners
- Discuss course materials and case studies with fellow students from diverse backgrounds to gain new perspectives
- Immediately apply the knowledge, concepts, and analytical tools in your current career and in your internship
- Complete your master's degree online in as little as 24 months or take up to five years, depending on your schedule and goals.