This 8-week course introduces students to professionals outside of music therapy, interprofessional research, and competencies for interprofessional education. Objectives include:
- identify interprofessional core competencies for all health care disciplines
- demonstrate knowledge of the main constructs of collaboration, professional identity, and roles and responsibilities
- articulate trends in recent research in interprofessional education and gaps in the literature
- collaborate with students and professionasl in other health care professions to solve patient-care problems
- reflect on clinical skills in a team environment, including assessment, patient-centered treatment, and team evaluation.
This course requires the use of electronic proctoring through ProctorU, please see http://www.online.colostate.edu/current-students/proctoring.dot for detailed instructions. For students requiring accommodations, please contact Resources for Disabled Students; for consideration of exceptions outside the scope of RDS, please contact the University Testing Center
Admission to graduate school and active in a health care profession.
Textbooks and Materials
Textbooks and materials can be purchased at the CSU Bookstore unless otherwise indicated.
- Interprofessional Teamwork for Health and Social Care, 1st Ed. (2010)
Reeves, Scott; Lewin, Simon; Espin, Sherry; and Zwarenstein, Merrick
Additional readings on PDF.