Earn your project management certificate online
This online project management certificate program uses the same curriculum and is taught by the same faculty as the in-classroom section in Denver, but is condensed to a 16-week schedule for busy, working professionals.
Click below to register or get notified when registration is open.
In today's fast-paced business world, the pressure is higher than ever to deliver successful results on time and on budget. Aspects of project management can be found in nearly everything we do, and it is truly a universal language that fits into any industry, sector, or geography. Learning the language of project management can help professionals streamline projects, gain maximum return on investment, and minimize costs.
This program provides participants with the critical tools necessary to work in a dynamic project management environment. Learn to run projects using standard, globally recognized processes. Instructors with extensive industry experience bring valuable, real-world knowledge to the online classroom using a comprehensive, integrated five-module curriculum based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
By earning your project management certificate, you will learn to effectively execute projects, and identify and manage project risk in virtually any field, including:
- Information technology,
- Real estate development,
- And telecommunications.
This program is delivered using a highly interactive, "shared learning" approach that provides project management education credits (contact hours) toward PMI® exam eligibility. Points are earned during weekly discussions, team exercises, and quizzes to test progression throughout the semester. Participants will learn:
- Common project management language and processes.
- The role of a project manager and team.
- Project life cycle phases, process groups, and knowledge areas — according to the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (6th edition).
- How to effectively manage project scope, risk, communications, and integration management to help reach higher levels of success on projects.
Who should enroll?
This certificate is ideal for those with various experience levels as project managers, project coordinators, and business analysts. It will also help more experienced project managers more effectively initiate, plan, manage, control, and close a project with greater success, no matter the size, type, or complexity of the project.
Professional credentials and certification
Throughout the course of this program, you will complete a project that integrates with and applies lessons from each module. Upon completion of the program, you can use this portfolio piece and the certificate credential to demonstrate your competency as a project manager.
This program also qualifies as the prerequisite requirement for taking the Project Management Professional (PMP®) exam, which can result in highly regarded credentials awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI), including the Certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) and the Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM®).
Let CSU help you gain the knowledge to pass the PMP® exam and stand out from the crowd with valuable credentials. (PMP® is a registered certification mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.)
The following textbooks must be purchased separately by the student:
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 6th Edition
- PMP Certification: A Beginner's Guide, 3rd Edition
Students who have taken this certificate program are employed by the following organizations (partial list):
- AAA Colorado
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- Advanced Energy
- AGS Construction, Inc.
- Banner Health
- Calfrac Well Services
- Center for Work, Education and Employment
- CH2M HILL
- City of Colorado Springs
- City of Fort Collins
- Climax Molybdenum
- Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment
- CO Energy Office
- Constellation HomeBuilder Systems, Inc.
- Continental Data Graphics
- Denver Health and Hospital Authority
- Economic Development Administration
- Entitlement and Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- EnviroFinance Group, LLC
- The Hertz Corporation
- International Risk Group
- Kaiser Permanente
- Level 3 Communications
- MillerCoors, LLC
- New Century Software
- New Hope Natural Media
- Newmont Mining Corporation
- Paragon Construction Co.
- Perigee Consulting, Inc.
- Platte Canyon School District
- Platte River Power Authority
- Quantum Corporation
- Seagate Technology
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Strad Energy Services
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Forest Service Rocky Mtn. Regional Office
- University Physicians
- Vistronix, Inc.
- ZoZo Group, LLC