Earn your Postsecondary Access and Success Programs Graduate Certificate online
Developed by the School of Education, this five-course online graduate certificate is designed for anyone working (or planning to work) in pre-college preparation access programs, postsecondary student opportunity programs, or student support positions. Course material will prepare you to take on roles such as:
- College access advisor
- Pathways program coordinator
- Student success coach
- High school counselor
- High school TRIO or GearUp advisor
- Retention specialist
- College enrollment personnel
What is postsecondary education?
The term postsecondary education refers to any educational program that takes place after high school or after completion of a high school equivalency test, such as the GED. Common postsecondary education programs include:
- Two-year associate degree programs at community colleges
- Three- and four-year undergraduate programs at colleges and universities
- Graduate degree and certificate programs
- Programs offered by trade and technical schools
Prepare to work in a growing field
The number of pre-college access and postsecondary student support programs is increasing across the United States. Recognized as a student services functional area by the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education, this growing field employs thousands of professionals across the U.S. and other parts of the world.
Colorado State University currently offers one of the only graduate programs specifically designed for professionals working in postsecondary access and success programs. This certificate also supports individuals looking to make a career change who require additional knowledge and academic credentials.
Study online and on your schedule
Online graduate certificate programs from Colorado State University are ideal for working professionals. Aside from the flexibility of studying online, there are several benefits to participating in this program.
- Learn from scholar-practitioners who teach in the field of student affairs
- Collaborate and discuss course content with peers throughout the program
- Develop in-depth knowledge and practical, career-applicable skills
- Earned credits can be applied to a relevant master’s degree program, such as the online Master of Science in Student Affairs in Higher Education*
*Note: You must be admitted into this program for the graduate certificate to appear on your official University transcript.