Earn your ergonomics certificate online
Obtain the skills and knowledge needed to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and control ergonomic risk factors in a broad range of workplace settings. Immediately apply the skills learned in this program to:
- Improve human-job interface.
- Increase productivity.
- Reduce employee downtime from ergonomic injuries.
- Improve worker safety while preventing injury.
Click below to register or get notified when registration is open.
This online program has been redesigned to provide beginning through advanced-level knowledge, skills, and competencies in occupational ergonomics. It is appropriate for those with no experience in ergonomics as well as for those looking for more advanced training. Those seeking certification in ergonomics will find this course helpful in foundational areas and suitable for reporting 60 hours toward competencies identified in the Ergonomist Formation Model.
A sample of the topics covered include:
- Risk Assessment of low back injury
- Design for productivity, quality and safety
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Organization and layout of manufacturing workstations
- Integrating Lean Six-Sigma principles into ergonomics
- Computer workstation evaluations
- Office design for the Millennial workforce
- Work stress and what to do about it
- Absenteeism, presenteeism and sleep
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Safety and ergonomics culture
- Ergonomic assessments and hazard recognition
- Cost benefit analysis and return on investment
Study at a pace that fits your life
This certificate is earned by satisfactorily completing within the six-month scheduled period one ergonomics course (GSLL 2030), which is organized into five that comprise 26 video modules with quizzes and exercises. You may enroll at any time as most students do not require the full six months to complete the work. The course may be completed ahead of the schedule but will not be extended.
No textbooks are required. All materials needed for this course are available online.
Noncredit certificates do not produce academic credit or appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Learn from an expert in the field
Professor John Rosecrance has been a physical therapist for more than 30 years specializing in the treatment of occupational illnesses and injuries. Over the last 25 years, his work has focused on improvements in process efficiency, product quality, and prevention of occupational injuries through ergonomic design. He is a Certified Professional Ergonomist and has been a consultant to approximately 50 U.S. companies. Dr. Rosecrance teaches graduate courses in ergonomics, conducts ergonomics research and provides ergonomic consultation to companies for improving work practices. Dr. Rosecrance is a professor at Colorado State University and visiting professor at the University of Sassari, Italy. He has published and presented his work throughout the U.S. and Europe.