As a student in CSU’s natural sciences education master’s program, you will receive a degree from a regionally accredited, renowned research institution while taking courses at times and locations that fit your busy life. Additionally, you can expect:
- To Grow in Your Own Scientific Knowledge: Our program, designed specifically for secondary science educators, features a curriculum grounded in the natural sciences and education. Advance your instructional skills while expanding your own expertise in subjects like physics, biology, chemistry, data analysis, and more.
- An Applied Learning Experience: Experience hands-on learning at a distance with our course-specific science lab kits. Through these scientific experiments, reinforce what you are learning in the online classroom and then repeat the experiment with your students using the low-cost, easy-to-obtain materials.
- Courses that Apply Toward Certification: Coursework within our natural science education degree can apply toward state certification, licensure and/or the endorsements necessary to teach secondary sciences. Since requirements can vary by state, be sure to review your state’s certification requirements.
- Two Program Options: Two Program Options: Choose between a research capstone or a coursework-only capstone in this non-thesis degree. Either option allows the opportunity to deepen expertise in your preferred science discipline through an active research experience or independent study project.
- Career Enhancement Opportunities: Extend your educational background beyond an undergraduate degree and stand out to school districts with your advanced knowledge and master’s level skill set.
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.