Watch Professor Kurt Kraiger explain how CSU's online M.A.I.O.P. program offers students both practical and research-based training to apply the principles of psychology to organizational and leadership challenges.
This Master of Applied Industrial/Organizational Psychology (MAIOP) degree program studies the behavior of individuals in businesses and organizations to determine how to improve performance and productivity for that organization. Learn how to use research and measurement skills to solve practical workplace issues and to apply the principles of psychology to human resources and leadership challenges within an organization. This degree is practitioner-oriented, providing practical knowledge and skills focusing on research and consulting.
Through our industrial/organizational psychology graduate program, you will learn how to:
- Recruit, select, and retain high quality employees
- Identify training and development needs
- Create, implement, and manage employee and leadership development programs
- Address complex issues such as workplace diversity and anti-discrimination policies
- Design and manage employee opinion and job satisfaction surveys
- Analyze the effectiveness of workplace programs
- Assess employee performance
- Research and improve the quality of work environments
The Master of Applied Industrial/Organizational Psychology is considered a terminal degree in this field.