Learn to strengthen local food systems and global agribusiness while you advance as an entrepreneur or innovator.
Drive innovation and development of new enterprises in today’s agricultural and food industries
Shape your professional identity with strategic and design thinking as you solve problems face-to-face with experts in the industry at the new CSU Spur campus in Denver.
As the global population grows, companies, governments, and other organizations seek scalable solutions to ensure a sustainable food supply. As a student in this master's program, you will expand your understanding of how people produce, access, and consume food. You will also develop skills that enable value creation and help empower social and cultural change.
Learn in an innovative environment
Learning in the Agribusiness and Food Innovation Management Program at CSU Spur campus is a new adventure in education. CSU Spur brings learning to life in its three buildings focused on water, food, and health. More than a physical location, CSU Spur is a hub, the heart of a network to connect people across the state, region, and world.
Earn a degree that sets you apart. Study with expert faculty in agribusiness from CSU’s College of Agricultural Sciences, an academic entity that has thrived since the University’s founding in 1870. The College has produced, and continues to produce, science and business leaders capable of solving local and global challenges in agriculture and the natural environment.
In your first semester you will:
- Get immersed in the agribusiness and food system
- Form your professional identity as an entrepreneur and change maker
- Develop a skillset and mindset for strategic and design-thinking
- Learn to approach old problems in new ways
After completing your first semester, you will spend the next year engaging with innovators and companies in a venture practicum project. Working in a team-based model, gain hands-on experience as you determine the viability of a new business idea, take it through initial development, and potentially help launch the business.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the potential of a business idea
- Describe the agriculture value chain and identify business opportunities
- Apply your business training in finance, marketing, economics, and law
- Work with others in a team
- Deliver business proposals and obtain buy in
- Draw upon your growing professional network to assist you through your career
- Leverage intellectual property to create value