This course facilitates activities to enhance intercultural learning and self-understanding after an international experience. Students will learn about theories of cultural adjustment and intercultural communication while developing personal, professional, and academic goals.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain models of intercultural adaptation and apply them to an education abroad experience
- Analyze and integrate an understanding of culture and intercultural communication to assess learning that occurred while abroad
- Explore opportunities and articulate a plan for life-long learning and personal or career development with what was learned during an education abroad experience
- Effectively communicate personal, professional, and academic development goals
- Effectively communicate transferable skills from education abroad experience in a professional setting
This course is available only to students who have studied abroad.
Textbooks and Materials
This course does not require you to purchase additional texts. All course materials are available through Canvas.