This certificate enables construction professionals and related industry professionals to obtain the knowledge base necessary to pursue the master's degree in Construction Management. Topics covered include:
- Construction materials
- Methods and systems
- Material science
- Construction engineering
- Structural design - concrete, steel, and wood
- Mechanical/Electrical systems
- Construction economics
- Processes, procedures, and protocols
- Estimating, scheduling, and project management
- Legal Aspects
- Safety Management
- Ethics and Quality Management
- Delivery Methods / Contracting
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Class meets each Wednesday evening, with some breaks for holidays, and on 3 all-day Saturdays: Oct. 2, Nov. 13 and Dec. 18.
Textbooks and Materials
- Construction Management JumpStart, 3rd Ed. (2020)
Barbara J. Jackson
Not available at the CSU Bookstore
Students purchase textbook separately.