Get the support you need to efficiently prepare for your certified health physicist exam. This 16-week class lets you study at times and places convenient to you!
Although you cannot pass the CHP exam with this class alone, it gives you invaluable tools to set up a regular, focused study program leading to success! The American Board of Health Physics (ABHP) has given approval #2018-00-060 for EDLL 2005 to provide 32 AAHP continuing education credits for the 4-year period 2018-2021.
Why should you take this course? Because it will:
- Benefit any health physicist eligible to take part 1 or 2 of the CHP exam who wants a structured review of the relevant topics.
- Help you identify your weaknesses and provide guidance on what to study.
- Refresh your memory on each topic and present example questions and answers like those on the CHP exam.
- Provide strategies for test taking, explore thumb rules, and offer multiple strategies for solving problems.
- Give you information on what to study and identify areas where you need to concentrate.
The Health Physics Certification Review class is streamed over the Internet and can be viewed at your convenience. Students interact by email, and each is assigned an individual mentor to track progress.
Profits from the class support the CSU Student Chapter of the Health Physics Society.
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Student questions will be answered and online support for this course will continue until the CHP exam is administered in July. This class will require a significant time commitment. For late registration contact the instructor.
Textbooks and Materials
- Introduction to Health Physics, 5th Ed. (2017)
Johnson, Thomas E.
Not available at the CSU Bookstore
Students are asked to order their texts from Amazon.com or other online vendor.