Native American peoples, their cultural variation across the continent, and cultural encounters with colonial expansion.
This course can be applied towards:
ANTH 100 (Introduction to Cultural Anthropology) or ANTH 200 (Cultures and the Global System) or ANTH 413 (Indigenous Peoples Today) or ANTH 414/ETST 414 (Development in Indian Country).
Textbooks and Materials
Textbooks and materials can be purchased at the CSU Bookstore unless otherwise indicated.
- American Indian Thought (2004)
Waters, Anne (ed.)
- Black Elk Speaks: Being the Life of a Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux* (2008)
- Drawing Back Culture: The Makah Struggle for Repatriation (2004)
Tweedie, Ann M.
- New Capitalists: Law, Politics, and Identity . . ., 1st Ed. (2003)
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven (1994)
- Two Old Women: An Alaska Legend of Betrayal, Courage and Survival
*audio or paperback