This course explores how:
- Biology and culture matter equally in the human experience of disease.
- Social and cultural factors impact health.
- Ethnography is an essential tool to understand human suffering due to disease.
- Applied medical anthropology can help to alleviate human suffering and produce better health policy and outcomes.
ANTH 100 (Introduction to Cultural Anthropology) or ANTH 200 (Cultures and the Global System).
Textbook and Materials
Textbooks and materials can be purchased at the CSU Bookstore unless otherwise indicated.
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks