Learn how to enhance your pedagogical skills through current educational technologies that bring innovation to the learning experience. This four-course certificate provides instruction and experience in state-of-the-art learning technology options that can be used to enhance instruction in both face-to-face and distance settings. All course projects are designed so you can adapt them to your current work environment or future goals in the classroom.
Completion of this certificate program will expose you to the different types of technology options for enhancing teaching and learning, as well as their pros and cons in different learning environments.
- Learn to evaluate which technologies are appropriate for different learning experiences and learning environments.
- Know the right questions to ask when identifying and investigating technology.
- Apply the technology in a learning experience.
- Evaluate the impact of the technology on learning outcomes.
- Develop basic webpages for use in instruction.
- Enhance communication and interaction with distance learners.
Admission to the University is not required to earn the Certificate of Completion in Teaching with Technology and Distance Learning. You can register for any course in the certificate program as long as you meet the course prerequisites. Prior CSU coursework can be applied toward this certificate, though transfer courses are not accepted.