Teacher Education

Undergraduate Teacher Preparation and Licensure Questions

Can individual courses be used in pursuit of an Initial Teacher license, an Initial Special Services Provider license, an Initial Principal license, or an Initial Administrator license?

No. These licenses are pursued by applicants who have completed an approved educator preparation program and are applying for the first time for a Colorado teaching, special services, principal, administrator or director of special education license. Individual courses are not meant for those pursuing these licenses. Visit the Colorado Department of Education's (CDE) educator licensing page to learn more about the requirements for these licenses.

- Footer - Landing