Do you enjoy working with college students and are looking for a career where you can make an impact within their lives? Or maybe you’re a student affairs professional needing a brush up on some of the latest practices in the field? This free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) is designed for both audiences.
If you've ever considered what it might be like to work in areas such as admissions, campus recreation, enrollment services, Greek life, housing and dining, or other student affairs departments, take this risk-free opportunity to:
- Learn about the field of Student Affairs
- Discover guiding and foundational theories
- Practice networking on your own campuses, with professional organizations and even current staff members
- Obtain strategies for a successful search when it comes to finding a job or graduate program
- Investigate future trends within the field of Student Affairs
- Understand the role Student Affairs plays in student success
- Learn about the internationalization of Student Affairs/Student Services
What is a MOOC?
Massive Open Online Courses, popularly known as MOOCs, are noncredit, student-interaction-based programs that provide educational access to the public at no cost. They are typically less immersive than credit courses you'd find at a university, offering more generalized content that's meant to provide you with a breadth of understanding across the subject matter. MOOCs feature instructor-driven content with a heavy emphasis on student participation. This student-to-student communication creates knowledge and discoveries that enrich the course with a social aspect and shared experiences.
This course is offered in partnership with:
NASPA is the leading association for the advancement, health, and sustainability of the student affairs profession. Our work provides high-quality professional development, advocacy, and research for 13,000 members in all 50 states, 25 countries, and 8 U.S. territories. NASPA is proud to be the co-host of the first student affairs MOOC as we strive to be ahead of the technological curve, as technology is one of our core focus areas.